Sunday, March 29, 2009

the universe has a plan

A relaxing Sunday off. In Miami Sunday funday was Family day. In New York no different. Today after a 1 hour and change ride to the Bronx to retrive my car I drove to Queens to pick Angie up from work and we had a fabulous afternoon together! But it was great to enjoy the day off after a full on night of random partying....

Jess Mabel after all these years randomly sends a text message to my phone, "I'm in the city where are you would you like to meet up?" ( Jess and I were pretty tight Bff style through high school till summer of our senior year there was a blow out things never were the same.. TILL LAST NIGHT) I was home debating on where the night was going to take me and I was pleasantly surprised when it led to an all nighter with Jess and her Penn State friends.
I quickly changed into something suitable for NYC saturday night and jumped on the next train. It was a little strange for the first 5 minutes. I mean we havn't spoken in almost 2 years but after the brief run down of the past few years in our lives it was as though we had been friends the entire time!
It was exactly what I needed to get my NYC life jump started. I've been slightly struggling with finding my own comfort zone that doesn't consit of only the Bronx and Bk crews I previously knew. We danced the night away bar hopped and I was introduced to a few new places in Mid Town. Im looking forward to some more hangs with Jess and her fun fabulous Penn State Alumni.

No comments: