Monday, March 23, 2009

Rebirth cont.......

In a society where we are free to make our own decisions and choose our own paths we have evolved in to unsatisfied creatures. It seems as though its either too hot or too cold. He either pays too much attention or not enough. The job is great the pay sucks the pay is great the job sucks. We very rarely stick things out because we should. We sometimes do it out of necessity and other times scared to make a lousy decision.

We are however, extremely quick to offer the correct answer or a bit of advice to someone else. we will encourage one another to take steps in a direction which is in their "best interest". We will persuade them to buy something, to go on a date, to dump a loser or stop taking someones crap.

We can't however make choices that are best for us so easily. I am constantly weighing out the options thinking it through in advance over work, purchases, relationships. I have recently learned that I give pretty damn good advice and my friends listen and react. I got very scared though since they say those that are good at something for others normally stink at that thing for these selves. ie wedding planners don't get married, phycologists are messed up at home, the list goes on......

Fear not young Helenas... as my rebirth continues through 2009 I have reached a step I forgot I was climbing towards and thats the LISTEN TO MY OWN DAMN ADVICE!!! I'm showing improvement and not letting someone walk over me. I', finally starting to treat myself the way I want to be treated by others!!! YEAH this rebirth is going pretty well.

No comments: