Wednesday, April 1, 2009

the small treasures

There is this constant struggle to figure out in life what your purpose is and you hope to fulfill everything you dream of before your time card expires. I have been fortunate enough to have made some large check marks on my list of things to do while visiting planet earth. I still have many confusing questions about the future and where I should be at during this point of my life. Like everyone else I sit and day dream all day about different situations and scenarios. I wish for more money a better job a wardrobe that fits the body I wish I had. I wish for that perfect breath taking relationship of unconditional love. I wanna be like the girls in the movies as Ashanti once sang. But as the passing of a friend of a friend has me thinking.
I am so lucky compared to so many and even if I never get that Brooke Burke Body and the J Lo wardrobe. I may never change the world like Obama and well there is always a chance that the only prince charming in my life will be my dad. I can say I have been living a dream for anyone. As Matt's passing made many people stop and remember the shortness of life. When they prepare to hang the Jersey in his honor at his favorite bar it makes me think how lucky we are to meet the people who will forever remember our characters as we pass.
Its challenging to stay positive and greatful in life as there is always more more more! But we live we learn and we can only feel blessed for what we are given

No comments: