Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Fun day

Today was a fabulous day in the city just what the doctor ordered! The weather was warm and sunny in New York and the streets were littered with People. Everyone was dressed in their new spring outfits. Skirts and bright colors were everywhere today. I was not in my spring attire but I was just fine.

My day started off by visiting my friend Shauncie and hanging with her and her family. Her little daughter is precious and we spent the morning reading books while Shauncie cleaned up the house. As we started our day in Brooklyn there were wash and sets followed by a lovely late lunch. We ate at this cute little spot the Burrito Bar located on Flatbush and Prospect. We sat outside with the kids and the food was really good. I enjoyed Chicken tacos, she had the shrimp and the kids ate wings and fries. The guacamole was awesome and very fresh with big chunks just the way I like it! Little baby Sydney unfortunately knocked the table and all the waters went flying. But all she did was water the plants. They had given us plastic cups...very smart.

While we ate I was able to catch up with Shauncie about how I could get ahead in New York. Shes a great resource as she has lots of connections and is street savvy. We discussed how to get a higher salary, some places I might want to look for jobs and she even offered me some money saving fashion tips. She is by far one of my favorite people to see dressed up! At J Crew, Club Monaco , Pottery barn, Apple and a few other stores if you flash your student ID you get discounts. I thought that was the best news I had heard all day!

It was just nice to sit out side and enjoy the weather catch up with an old friend and just relax. I firmly believe in Sunday fun day and it being a day to just relax. This just confirms that the summer is going to be spectacular here in New York. I am however looking for a weekend getaway in Miami soon

No comments: