Saturday, April 25, 2009

YOU

I want the guy to hold my hand and to hold it tight and close
I want the man who sees me and smiles a big smile because I am ME
I want the man who wants to provide for me but knows I can get my own
The man who appreciates my style but thinks I look amazing in sweat pants
The man I want will support me and my crazy dreams
The man I want is a real man and sleeps next to me
because I am the one he wants to sleep next to not just
because I was the only girl to answer the phone

Most importantly the man I want is the same man I want my friends to find.

Sometimes I wonder why we pick the wrong ones or why we fall trap to them. But as I remind my friends I will always be right there for you to watch you smile and just in case the heart begins to crack I will help mend the pieces. But I can not remind them enough to hold high to your standards and remember what is best for YOU! NO ONE BUT YOU! Constantly I find myself hearing these stories of my friends ( I have done this as well) putting these others infront of themselves. Its great you want to provide and help this person but do what is best for YOU!

No comments: