Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Daddy

I hate aging I hate this whole getting older and understanding the world. I prefer to stay in my neieve nest and live things out there. I am scared I am terrified I don't like to think of bad things but the reality is that I want to be prepared for the worst incase it occurs. Its pretty well known fact that my poppa bear is sick. My father is nearing old and well his health isn't getting any younger either. I hate hearing all these stories about people passing and loosing their parents.
Recently my Uncles wifes mother passed leaving a few young children behind with no father. It was so sudden she had a heart attack and died. I hate hate hate hearing things like this. She was young in her late 40's and was a good women Gladis wasn't ready to go yet. I can't imagine how these kids are dealing with the pain. I get so nervous when I call my Dad and he sounds bad it breaks me into a hundred pieces. I walk with it everyday worried and even more worried that Im not spending enough time with him or talking to him enough.
I make it a point when Im home to have lunch with him and spend the afternoon talking and learning more about his amazing life. My father has had the most fulfilling life ever and he's got the craziest stories. I love hearing them! But I don't ever want there to be a day when I can't just call him and ask him how to cook something or how to say something in Spanish. My fathers wife's father just passed last week and well he died alone in his house and no one knew when he passed. I hate when my dad calls and tells me these things. It just freaks me out!!! DAD I LOVE YOU and I NEED you here FOREVER!!!! I can't even stomach the idea of anything happening to him. My dads the most forgiving person I know. He is a true gentleman and he cares about everyone else before himself. I hope the man I marry one day will embody the same gentleman like qualities that my dad has.

No comments: