Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TRUTH

So there are these truth commercials about the effects of smoking. Now! No one wants to hear the truth everyone "knows" the truth. Its no different with a negative activity like smoking vs your character truths!

We all have a difficult time excepting real as real. Because in actuality that real is just someones Real Opinion. Right?!? kea politely pointed out to me that I have this characteristic where I tend to slap people with the truth as raw as an uncooked steak on a plate. Its real its there and sometimes you just don't want it in that form! Well I just had a slice of truth slapped onto me via email. It was unseasoned uncooked and well it was RAW! Or at least I hoped it was. Man no matter how many times I read the email some of those things are not easy to swallow.

The problem is that I feel like its been a huge miscommunication! Is it two different people seeing the situation from different opinions? Is one right and one wrong? Maybe we will never see it the same because we are different??? The truth doesn't come in a right or wrong format and neither does opinion. But when someone is thrashing at your personality or your character flaws whats the next step???

Tish sent me some words of wisdom stating that well we are who we are and that makes us special. If certain people can rock with it then they are rockin without you. BUT.... what happens when it isn't as simple as someone just saying you talk to much or your dressing wack. How about when it questions your integrity as a person??? Where do you go from there?? Truth I was referred to as manipulative. Truth I'm still trying to pick my stomach up off the floor by where I read the words. Truth I"M NOT.. How do you get to that? How can anyone refer to me as that? I need an example I need to know how you came to this conclusion. Is this the general consensus of my peers??? Truth I'm in shock!

I'm not saying that I am Mother Teresa here but I by no means would put that word in my list of character qualities or flaws. Maybe I need to stare in the mirror long and hard and see if the woman staring back is in in fact twisting things to get what I want. But from the bottom of my heart, soul and body I can say that I would never mean for anyone to feel like I use them or was ungrateful.

Joey reminded me this weekend that its not the situations we get into that make the relationship but rather how we handle these situations which better define the relationship. He reminded me that no one is perfect we all make mistakes but its important to move forward. But how the hell do you approach this?? This is one of those I'm gonna have to dig deep down and really really take some time before I respond.

UGH!!!! why does this have to hurt? why do I have to be so sickened by this "truth"

No comments: