Thursday, May 28, 2009

small inspirations

I like to walk through the world with my ears and eyes open! I've been walking through learning from everyone around me and grabbing inspiration from some interesting places. Mainly I get inspired by my friends they all have an uncanny ability to post or text email or call me about something my head has been thinking about. Lately much like Miss. Latisha I have been pondering my own next move. She like many other of my friends have attained the goals they set to be at during this point of their lives. They key question seems to keep dragging everyone down is whats next...

When your 5 or 6 your twenties seem light years away. When you get to your twenties and your in "adulthood" you feel rushed to reach whatever that next step is. I keep explaining to all of them that we should feel blessed to be where we have reached as not everyone in the world is as lucky as my friends. Many of you are teachers, store managers, work with celebrities on different levels, and some of you have families. Children are said to be the greatest blessing. I'm just not there yet. My dream has always been to live in New York for some big corporate company and just live a life I was enjoying.

Well I'm here in the Big Apple great apartment just landed a job with growth opportunity and I may not having a flourishing relationship or bank account but I'm going to attain one before the other. So much like Latisha I'm where I dreamed I would be at this point. Although I was always a dreamer and a boy chaser as a little girl so my Prince Charming is still somewhere. But looking back at the struggles I've gone through to get where I am. I got here pretty easily! Maybe I'm not pushing my self hard enough to get further ahead since I am comfortable with where I am???

No comments: