Monday, May 18, 2009

fabulous visit

It's always awesome having people visit and this visit from Kea has been fantastic. I have really gotten to get into the city since her little exploring ass arrived. Yesterday was an exceptionally exciting day! We woke at around 1 since the night before we were out till 4 am! The night before we spent trucking through the city stopping at all different venues. We hung out with her friends from the break-dancing world. In addition to the breakers we kicked it with the smelly skate boarders! i had such a great time with both crowds of people however. We enjoyed some frosty cold beers and watched the amazing dance moves.
Sunday fun day however, we really got the party started! After we took our time deciding how to layer up to explore the city we hit it to the skate park up the block. It was fun watching all the young kids skate around while we waited for her friend Jilleen!
Jill is Chinese and we explored China town from a whole different perspective then I ever have! We ate PHO! I recommend this beef noodle soup to anyone! PHO is cheap tasty and filling as well as fun! You mix it to your own tasting adding lemon hot sauce japs! We drank jasmine tea and topped it off with Chinese bread pudding.... a few blocks later we stopped in a candy shop... more treats there..... after we turned the corner we scooped up some Chinese ice cream. I had the toasted sesame peanut butter and kea had a bland red bean.
We didn't digest the food till we reached the Rock n Roll Annex where they had a John Lennon Exhibit. I was opened up to a whole other side of rock & roll. I love kickin it with Kea since she takes time to show me new and exciting things. I adored the love store between John and Yoko Ono! It was very emotional to watch and learn and a bit over whelming. but it was a romantic exhibit and i adored it. After watching a great love story begin and end we headed to El Sombrero in the LES for guacamole! We had great conversation and then walked back to the house and feel asleep by 1 am!
(sigh) very fulfilling day we had. Never once did we get on the train from my house to the annex all the food and back. My apt is the perfect place in the city. Thanks to Kea I had a great tour of New York with her and Jill. HA I was suppose to be taking her around but as usual kea taught me!