Friday, December 12, 2008

recognition

It seems like just when I know I'm ready to move and take on the big city since there isn't much left for me to conquer in Miami a speed bump is added to the mix! I work for adidas and I love it! I strongly believe in what the company values are but maybe don't agree with the corporate hooopla! I have the most amazing boss ever...shes a true inspiration of a woman in so many ways! Everyone at our store has their own relationship with her. I refer to her as my fairy-god mother. She asked me if I would be interested in becoming a team lead at the new store opening! The fact that she thought of me was great! It took me two weeks to make the decision to turn it down. Then the day i did our DM comes to town. A man I've never met and infact never even spoken with. He tells me that he heard I turned down the position and was disappointed. WHOA! i just told her like 20 mins before he got there. Chris was humorous about the situation. But he spoke so highly of my leadership skills and how he was looking forward to having me be at this store ( the soon to be busiest store in the company) and it was a little moving. More so because all of my hard work paid off and was recognized by someone not in my store! For him to know everything he knew he really pays attention to details in the reports and my fairy god mother really went to work letting him know I'd be great! You never really get that at jobs where someone has your better interests in mind. But its a great feeling to know that my hard work was noticed and appreciated!

No comments: