Sunday, August 29, 2010

windy pizza and stuffed dogs

the trip to the windy city was more then i expected. It was absolutly delightful. I really had no idea what to expect i just knew i was headed west to visit good friends in a far away land. Upon my arrival to this fabulous city I was fortunate enough to stay in their sick pad and enjoy home cooked meals. I have to say I am very proud of the bestie learning to use the kitchen so well.

Michigan Ave was amazing shopping and the building and arciture there it just takes you to a whole other place. Like warm and fuzzy. I just kept imagining it as this 1930's winter scene with snow flakes and a love affair. The city to me was uber romatic with its city life surrounded by nature. One moment you are shopping mid town next your on the BEACH> lake michigan although not your idea spot for a cool dip. kept its promise of water sand sun light and city views.

We dinned out for lunch one after noon and tasted some of the local brewed beers YUM! chicago is filled with bars bars and bars. yet its not so mixy the crowd. Everyone is so cauals jeans and flops land you entrance. I did indulge in french fries after 5 years. i figured hey i gotta live now!

the 2 hour 10 mile bike ride around the park, visiting the mirror bean and cruising the coast line in Erikas vintage bike was like fullfilling a fantasy dream i didn't know i had. We passed secret gardens, rode along the coast line looped past the football field and road with the cars. something i never planned on doing. There were no complaints from either her or I just smiles and laughter as two best friends explored the city without a car or a care in the world. We sharred lots of hugs and tears of course streamed down at both my entremnce and exit on the trip.

We ate chicago style pizza which was good but ill stick to my new york style. I don't want my chesse hidding anwhere. Put it where i can see it and its the first thing i taste! Well i suppose that summs up the windy city that was clear skies and perfect breezes. I see why Oprah and Erika both love it there. I will return again to visit but for now off to the next city!!! I see CALI in my near future!!!!

No comments: