Monday, May 17, 2010

feliz cumpleanos papi!

its May 17th!! its my dads birthday! happy 70th papi! yup 70 years my dad has been blessing this earth! my father is the one that gave me my tough exterior and the desire to work hard! he says only lazy people work while they are sitting and if you can't find it and and i can then im going ot hit you with it! My father never has never believed in racism or gender roles. My father has taught me the importance of seeing everyone for who they are. He has reminded me the blessing of forgivness and compasion as we all struggle with different situations and emotions. My father has pushed me in many directions and has forever supported what makes me smile.

He introducted me to the yankees, basketball, horseback riding and the joy of cooking. He constantly reminds me how great my mother is and how proud of me he is. I'd be lost without my dad. he went through so many struggles in his lifetime and has ensured that i didn't go through half. He many not be able to protect me from every situation in the moment like he could when i was 5. But Him instilling honesty, strength the ability to try and try again , my positive attitude and bright smile ( him and my mommy created) IM GOOD !!

life isn't easy for kids or for parents but you make it work! You find the perfect flow and as we get older we appreciate our parents more and looking back im very happy my dad thought i was a little boy and made me chop wood, change the oil in the car and get my hands dirty. I will learn to speak spanish dad i promise!!! Thats the one and only mistake my dad ever made that has impacted me but Hey dad we can't win them all!!! I love you today yesterday and forever and ever thank you for being you!!!

No comments: