Monday, April 5, 2010

heart to heart

Unconditional love~

where the hell does it come from? where is this idea of love everlasting created and how does the feeling swim so deep in your heart? I don't get it are we are pre-programed with this unconditional love for family? Do you love the father you never knew just because everyone around you loves their dads? Does the mother that can't seem to get it together loose your unconditional love because your tired? Tired of being hurt and disappointed? What about your siblings? are they even people you would befriend in life had you been given the option? Whats so special ? why do we love them too the moon and back for as long as forever? All because the same blood pumps through our veins? Thank you mom for the birth canal but if she doesn't live up to your expectations does the unconditional change???

I love my family and i know why I love them. I also know that they upset me and some of them have hurt me. I also just wonder where this love comes from! we fall in and out of love with boyfriends and friends but whats sooo strong about this family love???

I met my cousins for the first time as adults and I love them I instantly want to protect them and guide them hug and kiss them. My brother who i adore and have been heart broken in the past when he was not around recently pissed me off! I mean really crossed the line with his behavior. So much it made me stop and think.... I wouldn't allow any friends or any boyfriend to treat me like this... so why the hell is he??? Do i accept it because he is family??? i mean I told him but the question lingers in the air when is enough enough????

1 comment:

Mizz 1218 said...

very tough stuff and there's no simple black or white answer. that's what makes relationships so hard. i think the important part is to find your center, that impenetrable pureness that resides in you that is 100% at peace all the time, and focus on that, no matter what is going on in your life. When we start to let outside matters and people affect us and we lose sight of this place, we fall out of balance and we hurt. But to be able to find that calm in the storm is what we've got to strive for.